Friday, June 4, 2010

Trip to Maryland: Relaxing and Hanging Out

My grandparents, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Alan and Liesl all left on Saturday, and then Dan, Anna, the kids and Mike left on Sunday. We weren't flying out until Tuesday evening, so that meant we had a few relaxing days with my parents and Tim.

The entire family before everyone left--Dad, Mike, Tim, Nolan, Dan, Mom, Micah, Jace, Me, Josiah, Anna and Cami. My parents have lived in Maryland for 4 years, and this was their first time having all of us there at the same time. My mom loved it!


Jace and Grandpa getting some cuddle time.


Nolan and Jace taking a much needed nap.


My parents took us out to dinner on Sunday evening. I love how their area is on the water. We ate at an outdoor restaurant right on the water. Maryland is known for their crab, so being the not-seafood-loving person that I am, I decided to be brave and have a crab cake. It was probably good if you like an authentic crab cake, but I decided I much prefer them with lots of filler!


Tim and my parents.


After dinner, Tim and Nolan went back to the house while my parents, Jace and I went into downtown Annapolis to walk around. Jace is with my parents at City Dock in this picture.


Jace and I in front of Gate 1 to the Academy.


While walking around downtown, we passed the Paca House, and all three of us mentioned that we'd wanted to tour it. So my mom, dad and I went back on Monday to go on a tour. William Paca built the house in the 1760's, and he was a signer of the Declaration of Independence. It was one of the best historical tours we've been on, and the house and gardens were beautiful.


Walking down the old streets of Annapolis. I love all the history!
It was a wonderful trip and Jace was an amazing traveler. Our trip home ended up taking 2 1/2 hours longer than planned since someone on our last flight had a medical emergency and we had to make an unplanned stop in Denver. When we finally got in our bed at 4:30 am, we were so happy to get some sleep!
`

No comments: