Monday, June 28, 2010

A Fun Project for the Fourth

I wasn't feeling so good this time last year thanks to a growing little boy inside of me, so when the 4th of July rolled around, I may have still had winter decorations out. This year I managed to get them put away in the spring time! I'm taking a few days off to recover from VBS last week and wanted to use some of this time to actually decorate for the 4th. While browsing some blogs, I saw a challenge/contest for making something crafty that used the colors red, white and blue (check it out here).

I started with this:


Unstwisted the hangers, bent them into a star shape and taped them together.

Wrapped the star in blue fabric and cut out my red, white and blue fabrics into strips, and tied them on the star.

And then hung this on my front door.
I ended up with a patriotic wreath, and didn't spend a penny!

3 comments:

Family of 5 said...

OHHH...aaww...that is super cute! I may just have to try it...although I would have to spend money b/c I don' thave any fabric...thanks to my lacking in not being able to sew...oh well! :) Thanks for the fun project idea!

Empty Nesters said...

Love it, Jill! These blogs are so fun to look at!

Katie Zuniga said...

That is so awesome!!