Friday, May 21, 2010

Modified Dress Shirt for Jace

We're getting very excited for our trip to Maryland next week! While we're there we'll go to a ball for all the graduates. Jace is going to look so handsome in his little suit (which also matches his cousins' suits).
The only problem with the suit is that the shirt didn't stay tucked in very well. And if it didn't stay tucked in well in the few minutes Jace was modeling for this picture, I knew it would be bad news at the ball! But then I remembered a tutorial I had seen on a blog a week or so before that showed you how to make an "always tuck me in shirt." Check it out here.

We started with his nice, white dress shirt:

And then I cut off the bottom of a stained onesie that he's outgrown and sewed it on to the bottom of the shirt (I did it with his Easter shirt first to make sure it worked knowing it would be a great improvement for that shirt as well). In just 5 minutes, I had transformed his shirt in a way that no one at the ball will ever know (although I'm sure they'll all be so impressed by how good Jace is at keeping his shirt tucked in).

Ta-da!


3 comments:

Empty Nesters said...

Love his Ta-da look! He's so proud of his new shirt!

Family of 5 said...

Ingeniousness at its finest! You could market these things and make some extra money on the side.

Amy Loewen said...

What a happy baby! He is looking so dapper!