Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Growing Boy!

Right now I have a very sad baby... he got his 2 month shots yesterday, and I think he's also coming down with a cold (we're a family that likes to share-Nolan got sick, and then shared it with me and Jace). It was so sad and funny today to listen to him figure out how to breathe with a stuffy nose. He shouted every time he breathed out through his mouth, as though the only way he knew how to breathe through his mouth was if he made noise. He's been whimpering a lot too. Poor baby. On a positive note, we had three nights where he slept through the whole night! Saturday he slept for 8.5 hours, and Sunday and Monday nights were both 10.5 hours! Yay for us!

Jace did enjoy the first part of his 2 month check up yesterday. He was very proud to show our doctor just how alert he is, how good he is at focusing, and what a strong kickers his legs are! He measured at 24.75 inches long (which put him in the 96th percentile), and 12 pounds, 4 ounces (which put him in the 60th percentile). We're going to have a tall boy! While we were waiting for the nurse to come give him his shots, he was so busy kicking on the exam table that he destroyed the little paper I carried him to be weighed on, and punched 3 holes in the paper that covers the table. Such a busy little boy! He really didn't like getting shots, but at least was willing to let me comfort him afterward. It was easier for me to see him get these shots than it was when he got all the antibiotic shots in the hospital. And now to keep it fun with some pictures...

Don't believe his face in this picture--Jace loved having his Grandma Steiner come visit! I had a great first full week back at work thanks to my mom watching Jace each day at Anna's house. Jace loved the time with his cousins!

Sweet snuggles with Grandma. Sad to think of how much bigger he'll be the next time she sees him (in May for Uncle Tim's graduation, which will also be Uncle Tim's first time meeting Jace).

Jace played happily on his lady bug after we got home from his shots. Within 5 minutes of laying him straight on it (his spine lined up with the line on the ladybug) I found him like this. At one point, he even looped his right leg around the arch. He's quite the mover!

Lately Jace has gotten into grabbing his ever present burp cloths (they're almost always draped across his chest, and if we don't have a burp cloth there, he's wearing a bib). While we were at the doctor's office, he was laying in my lap with just his diaper on, and kept grabbing and pinching his belly. I couldn't figure out why he was doing it, until I saw him clutching his onesie here. When there's no burp cloth to grab, he'll take whatever is there. My guess is he'll probably adopt a burp cloth for comfort instead of a blankie.

3 comments:

Empty Nesters said...

Thanks for the new pictures! It made my morning!

Family of 5 said...

HAHA! I LOVE HIS EXPRESSIONS ON HIS FACE! :) FUNNY LIL GUY! SO LOVED! AND GROWING SO FAST!

Empty Nesters said...

I just love Jace's cute little face on your family picture at the top!