Monday, April 26, 2010

Dedicating Jace

Today we dedicated Jace at church. It's an act of us committing to being parents who will raise him in a home that loves Jesus, teach him about the Lord, and guide him spiritually as he grows. Nolan and I want to have our own lives reflect our faith to Jace as he gets older so he can look to us as examples. So many times while I'm feeding him, I pray that he will grow to know and love the Lord. That his life will honor God and that God can use Jace to do great things for His glory.

Beyond the significance of dedicating Jace, it was special to be doing it alongside families in the church that we're friends with, whose children Jace will grow up with. Sixteen babies total were dedicated, two were born the same week as Jace, two a month before, and one just a few weeks after. I also love that after so many times of watching other people's babies get dedicated, I finally had my own. Enjoy the pictures and video!










Jace's Dedication from Nolan Nelson on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Scuba Wife Life said...

aww! I am so bummed that we were out of town this weekend!! So sorry to have missed it. I love all the pics! So cute! :)

Empty Nesters said...

Great pictures! Jace looks so cute in his outfit. What a special day for all of you! I love the one of Denise looking at him!

Family of 5 said...

So special! He looks so adorable in his fun new outfit! :) WHat a little stud! Wish we could have been there!