Monday, November 29, 2010

A little fall recap

I can’t believe we’re already in the Christmas mindset! The house is decorated (although I have some craft projects in mind for extra décor to add), the tree’s up, and several gifts are already purchased! But November is not yet over, so I thought I’d share a few of our final fall moments.

2010-11-15 011

Jace somehow got ahold of a transfer tag off a suitcase and it became a favorite toy before it was finally thrown away. I think I was asking him to do a trick for me, and he showed me his tag instead (reminds me of his cousin, Josiah, with “tickets”).

2010-11-22 002

We got a light dusting of snow Thanksgiving week. Toby LOVED running around in it, and Jace loves watching Toby.

2010-11-22 008

My contribution to the Thanksgiving feast was stuffing and two chocolate cream pies (a holiday staple in my family growing up). My crusts weren’t super pretty this year, but they tasted good!

2010-11-24 002

I embellished a onesie for Jace for Thanksgiving. I appliqued a turkey on the shirt and stitched “little” above it. He was proud to show off mommy’s latest creation.

2010-11-24 004

Jace with his Great Aunt Lenay. He loved having her tickle his toes!

2010-11-25 017

Smiles from Jace were a little less frequent on Thanksgiving. Poor little guy had an ear infection in both ears. I think he’s had it for a little while—he had a cold a few weeks ago and would occasionally grab his left ear. It wasn’t frequent enough, nor accompanied by crying or a fever, so I didn’t want to take him in incase he just likes holding his ear. Then, on Wednesday, he was at his baby sitter’s and twice randomly grabbed his ears and screamed. And on Thanksgiving every time he was overwhelmed or nervous, he’d grab his ear and just scream. It wasn’t usual behavior for him. But once we got him back home, he hardly touched his ear at all. He woke up during the night on Thursday and Friday nights, though, screaming, so we took him in on Saturday. I guess this child can just ignore pain as long as he’s happy!

thanksgiving 1thanksgiving 2thanksgiving 3

I can’t believe this child is almost 10 months old!

1 comment:

Empty Nesters said...

Can't wait to hold him again!