Monday, July 12, 2010

Food and Fury

I've been planning all along on making baby food for Jace and tried my hand at it for the first time last week with green beans. Jace loved them (but I have a feeling he's going to like anything I give him, he's so obsessed with food!). I'll be introducing one food a week, so today I bought sweet potatoes, pears and bananas to get ahead on making food for him. Thanks to my wonderful food steamer (Christmas gift from my friend, Mary, last year) and my amazing food processor (thanks to my Mom last year), baby food it super easy to make! I think I went a little overboard on sweet potatoes (as seen above). I'll know better next time how much to buy! I spent a total of $12.61 (oh if only I had a Winco or Super Walmart in town, it could have been less). I figured out in the end that with how much I made and how much I would have spent to buy that same amount at Target, I saved at least $31.04! It could be more... I still have a lot of sweet potatoes to freeze, and I'm just estimating how much it will make. I feel a fun sense of accomplishment each time I get some food out of the freezer and watch Jace devour it.

And now for the fury...
Jace has always been verbal, but he's seemed to discover his sounds in a new way these past few days. Yesterday he found out how fun it is to make the "da" sound, and loved using his high pitched voice as well! Nolan managed to get some video of it by using his phone (Jace recognizes all our other cameras and stops whatever he's doing to stare). This video is 3 minutes long, and he'd been doing the exact same thing for several minutes before and after it!



Untitled from Nolan Nelson on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Empty Nesters said...

Love Jace and his fury! Those legs are amazing. Love to hear him "talk"!!! Yes, you made a lot of sweet potatoes! I can cook one large one for Tim, Dad, and me! We love them and I'm sure Jace will, too!

Family of 5 said...

silly lil boy...he's so cute! Love his noises!