Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cute Cousins

For the first time since Jace was born, we had all three Steiner kiddos spend the night. Anna's mom dropped them off at my office and we headed home in the 95 degree heat. Jace, who was so tired his eyes were bright red, couldn't fall asleep in the car because his cousins were too fun to watch, so I heard, "I want Jace to look at me..." and "Jace is looking at Josiah, I want him to look at me..." the whole way home. When we got to our house, Jace went down for a much needed nap and the kids and I got out the slip and slide. It was fun to see how much they've changed since our slip and slide adventures last year: Josiah knew how to do it correctly from the start and didn't need to yell in order to be successful, Micah has mastered tummy sliding, and Cami wasn't afraid to get wet.





Jace woke up not long after we went back in, and Cami loved having cuddle time with him. I can't believe how close they are in size already (obviously Jace is still much smaller, but he'll catch up quickly). I can't count how many times Cami said, "I hold Jacers," or "I carry Jacers." I think she wishes he'd stay tiny forever. In the morning I had Jace and Cami on our bed while I got ready, and they both were laughing so hard when she decided to play peek-a-boo (without any prompting from me) by covering him with his blanket and then pulling it off of him. I think they'll be great friends!



Jace loves sucking on his toes, and once he did it, Cami decided to do it too.

I laid Jace down on his blanket, and as soon as Cami joined him, Toby came over and laid right next to Jace's head. I'm not sure if that was him claiming Jace as his, or trying to protect Jace from Cami.

Micah had fun playing with Jace and the exersaucer. Jace LOVED having his cousins entertain him. Josiah played with Jace too, I just didn't get any pictures of it.

2 comments:

Empty Nesters said...

Oh, fun! Thanks for posting all of these! I love the video!!! In fact, Dad was watching it in bed this morning and I was sound asleep. All of a sudden I heard the little voices and wondered if I was dreaming they were here!!! Cute stuff! Tall Jace! Those tall Nelson and Steiner genes!

Family of 5 said...

CUte, cute cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE That pic of Jace and Cami smiling together and then with them both sucking their toes! LOL! Thanks SOOOOO much for taking them...it was so nice to be able to rest after my procedure...way to go Auntie and Uncle for taking all 3! So fun that they love each other so much!