Tuesday, January 22, 2013

“No, I just want to play.”


2013-01-22 004

It’s hard to capture most of the everyday moments with Jace. He’s always too busy moving or changes his expression/task the moment I get out the camera. But today he was ok with me playing paparazzi, and I’m so glad I was able to capture some of the everyday Jace. I can’t believe he’s almost 3. Bluey, his blanket, is rarely far from him. After his nap, he came downstairs, laid down on the floor just inside the living room, and contentedly smelled Bluey—a calming thing he mostly does in bed.

2013-01-22 005

He moved as soon as he heard the camera focus, so his face isn’t as clear as his elbow here, but this is such a typical face. I just love it.

2013-01-22 008

This little boy loves to play. Lately we’ll say, “Jace, it’s time for breakfast/lunch/dinner.” And he’ll respond, “No, I just want to play.” Or, “Ok Jace, time to get ready for bed.” “No, I just want to play.” (Although play is said more like pway.)

2013-01-22 010

“Mommy, I have to pix (fix) my lego car.”

2013-01-22 013

You can always see him thinking. He’s a problem solver, a builder, and a creator.

2013-01-22 016

And he’s so literal. Potty training started yesterday, and I’d set the timer between trips to the bathroom. Nolan and I were telling him, “When the bell dings, then it’s time to go potty.” Problem was he took us so literally that he started peeing as soon as he heard the bell ding rather than wait until we got to the bathroom. Or, a few days ago, when I told him it was about time to potty train, he responded, “No Mommy, I don’t have a potty train. I have a red train, and a blue train…”

2013-01-22 017

I love how affectionate, sweet, comical and independent he is becoming. But at the same time, I’m so glad my little boy still loves to cuddle up with his Bluey and Nowie.

No comments: