Monday, August 27, 2012

My Favorite Two Year Old & 34 Weeks

2012-08-05 003

 

I really can’t believe how quickly our Jace is growing up. We moved him up to a big boy bed on August 5 and he has seemed so much older ever since! He LOVES his bed! We feel like the transition went better than we could have even hoped for. For the first two weeks he only got out of bed if we gave him permission—meaning when he woke up in the morning or after a nap, he’d lay in bed talking and playing, and eventually start calling out asking if he could get up. He now gets himself out of bed, but not until he’s laid there for a while. We’ve settled into a really sweet routine of him joining me in bed in the mornings to watch a show or two. I love the special time with him knowing how much everything is going to change in a month and look forward to him being in the routine of hanging out upstairs for a while when he gets up.

 

2012-08-05 004

 

The things he chooses to say crack us up and amaze us all at the same time. Some of my latest favorites are…

-After we went to get a coffee for me, he told me, “Mommy, I need coffee. I need to feel better.”

-When he’s really thirsty and drinks something, “Ah! That’s so good. I feel better.”

-Any time he eats or drinks something he really likes, “Ah, that’s so good.”

-We were in the waiting room at my doctor and another couple waiting asked him what his name was. He said, “I Jace.” Then he pointed at my belly and said, “That’s Reese.” It was so sweet to see his awareness of her, and I think he was proud too.

-Any time he doesn’t think he can do something or doesn’t want to do it he says, “I too big to _____.”

-When seeing his cousin Cami after church on Sunday, he ran up to her with his arms out for a hug and shouted, “Cami! I’m so happy to see you!”

 

34 weeks 2

 

And in baby news… We’re at 34 and a half weeks! 10 weeks ago I continued doing the little Q&A Update thing, and thought I’d do it again now.

 

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: about 23 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Everything I wear except for two loose/drawstring shorts from Old Navy. Several of my tops are getting too short to cover my belly, my pants feel confining, and my short dresses are too short now since the belly holds them out too much. I really like wearing sweats these days!
Stretch marks? No. I don’t even have the purple bruise marks I got on my hips with Jace.
Sleep: I wake up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom. Between those wake ups, I have to switch which side I’m laying on often because otherwise my hips start aching too much.
Best moment this week: Finishing all the decorations/projects for the nursery except one! I also had a very sweet baby shower for Reese thrown by my sister-in-law, Rayanna, and two of my friends. I felt very loved and blessed.
Have you told family and friends: Of course. It’s pretty hard to miss these days.
Miss Anything? Standing up easily from sitting anywhere—furniture or floor. Holding Jace in my lap. Laying on my stomach/back. Non-maternity capris. Sleeping through the night.
Movement: She’s predictably unpredictable. I can guarantee she’ll kick when I first wake up in the morning (she’s so nice to me, just like her brother was, and doesn’t kick during the night), and before I go to bed at night. But otherwise, it’s really hit and miss when she’ll feel like being active. She does respond well if I drink a lot of cold water quickly. She likes to stretch and push her feet into my ribs.
Food cravings: Nothing too specific. I do like the ideas of sweets a lot these days though!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just having some nasty reflux off and on. Last week I had a bad night where the reflux woke me up several times during the night. Otherwise, I love the third trimester. I feel the best during this one.
Have you started to show yet: Very much so. I’m feeling quite large these days.
Gender prediction: I predicted girl and I was right!
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing serious.
Belly Button in or out?  Still in. It never came out during my pregnancy with Jace.
Wedding rings on or off? On. I take them off every night just I case I have swelling, but so far so good.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but I have had a few more emotional swings lately.

No comments: