Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I’ve been up to lately

I’ve been having a lot of fun getting crafty lately. It has been such a great outlet to browse around online, find something that inspires me, and then go recreate it with my own twist. Back in July I started a blog for my crafting endeavors, and I’ve had SO MUCH FUN joining in on the craft blog community. You can check out my craft blog HERE (just click on the link).
A few weeks ago I entered one of my projects in the audition stage of an online competition called Crafting With The Stars. I was one of 12 contestants to be chosen! (Don’t even get me started on how exciting this is for me!!!)  This means that I’ve been paired with a blog “star,” a lady named Michelle who has a great blog called “Someday Crafts.” The competition is 4 weeks long and three people get eliminated each week. We are given a theme/challenge for each round.
Round One’s challenge was to make a project using items from the Dollar Store or thrift stores. I had so much fun going through the creative process. In the end, I was thrilled with how my project turned out. I can’t tell you which one is mine until the winners of the week are announced since they don’t want it to just be a popularity contest (which I can appreciate).
I would LOVE it if you would go vote for your top three favorites though! Just click on THIS link, look through the projects, and vote at the bottom of the post.

And, since you really stopped by to see a picture from Jace, here’s one of him talking on his remote which doubles as a telephone while holding the handle of a swiffer duster (one of his FAVORITE toys).
 2011-01-12 003

1 comment:

Empty Nesters said...

Just wondering...do you and Nolan talk with your phone on the back of your heads???? Monkey see; Monkey do! And yes, I really stopped by to see a picture of Jace so thank you! Good luck on your project!