Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One Month Old Today!

Hard to believe that one month (also 4 weeks) ago today Jace was born! He's growing so quickly! He loves waving his hands around (Grandma Steiner thinks it looks like he's conducting music), will contently lay on his boppy pillow for up to 45 minutes, loves his swing (if put in it when already happy), and is still the alert, happy baby we brought home from the hospital. The best part, for me, is that he sleeps so well at night! We generally get a six hour stretch followed by a four hour stretch of sleep.
He wasn't thrilled by being put in the chair, but at least gave me a moment to take pictures before demanding I pick him up.

His hands are always flying! This is why we have to swaddle him at night--otherwise he'll wake himself up.

Enjoying some time before a bath on his boppy.
(See Grandma--he is gaining weight in his arms!)

It took a month, but we were finally able to give him a real bath! Here he is in his bouncer seat, a little concerned by what I was doing to get his bath ready.

Jace discovered he LOVES baths! He almost fell asleep while I was washing his hair. He's covered in a cool bath blanket my mom got for him. You first get it wet then put it on the baby to keep them warm. I'd say it's effective!

All done and getting dried off!

In his swing the other day. This is the look he always has on his face while in the swing, that is until he falls asleep.

2 comments:

Empty Nesters said...

Awwwww....such a BIG boy! I love the chubby arm:) Happy one month birthday, Jace! Love, Grandma! Keep leading the band!

Family of 5 said...

Cute Stuff! I want to just give him lots of cuddles! Hopefully we all, ok, the kids will get healthy again soon so we can have you guys come visit! It's been too long!