Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

We headed out the day after Thanksgiving for our annual tree hunt at Volsted Family Farms here in Albany. It was our fastest, happiest, easiest (aside from the tree lifting part) tree hunt yet! I had it pretty easy since the pregnancy makes me exempt from heavy lifting. I'm so thankful to have such a strong husband! Maybe next year we'll have to take Uncle Mike along to help carry the tree.


Nolan in his rain gear from work. We learned quickly a few years ago that this can help make laying on the ground under the tree to cut it down much more pleasant. I think he looks cute in his rain gear :)



On the wagon ride out to the tree lot. Volsted's is huge with two very large tree lots!


Nolan with our beautiful tree! We got a Nordman for the second year in a row.


Me with the tree. Crazy to think next year we'll have a visible baby with us!

We loved having the Pilot with a roof rack to tie the tree onto. In the past we've had to use Nolan's work truck.
The final product. Notice that Nolan has already bought and wrapped two gifts for me. I once told him that I think every Christmas tree looks better with presents under it, so he's always quick to put some under our tree. Such a sweet husband.
On a baby note--Jace is growing nicely and has a great heart rate. He enjoys pushing and wiggling, and especially likes to push his little rear out.



3 comments:

Family of 5 said...

SO PRetty! LOVE it! And that is crazy to think next year you will have a moving grooving baby Jace in the picture! SO FUN!!

abertolini said...

Tree is beautiful and you still look so cute, Jill!

Katie Zuniga said...

Your posts and cute little family make me miss that time of Josh and my life.