Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Car Swap!

For the past year, we've been watching the prices of used Toyota Highlanders and Acura MDXs. We knew eventually we'd like to upgrade the Corolla to an SUV, but weren't sure when that would be a real option. As our due date gets closer (and with paying off both our cars in August!), we started watching prices more closely, and talking about why upgrading would be important. One of the biggest factors was wanting more seating--after all, we're going to need room to still haul Dan and Anna's kids when we watch them (in fact, when we told Josiah we were pregnant, he wasn't too happy, and we're pretty sure it was because he didn't know how they'd fit in our car with a baby too), so we wanted an SUV with third row seating. I also was concerned about how my back would handle lowering a car seat into the backseat, considering just one weekend of putting Cami in her seat could make me hurt. And there were other factors like wanting an automatic, sitting higher for driving on the freeway, and a better winter time car.

The search got serious last week, and we ended up finding a great deal on a 2004 Honda Pilot (which got added to the list after researching them). It's great to drive and I'm excited for the day when I get to drive it on a regular basis (when Jace comes), but for now, I'll be driving the Solara because it gets better gas mileage.

We just listed my Corolla on Craigslist tonight, and already have an interested OSU grad student! It'll be sad to say goodbye to my car... she's been a good one! But I'm very excited to have upgraded to what Nolan calls, a "mom" car.


"Lola" the Corolla... she was a great car!

The new Pilot... I'm not sure it has enough personality yet for a name.

3 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Yah how fun! Love your new "mom" car !:) And I'm so glad you still thought of our kids when you decided on a car! :) You guys are great!

Empty Nesters said...

I'll miss Lola....always sad to say good bye to a faithful friend:):(
Sad and glad for moving forward!

EU Reimport said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.