Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This and That

Toby climbs in Nolan's lap every chance he gets. It used to be that he'd put his head and front two paws in Nolan's lap and then slowly sneak the back two up (just sure no one noticed). Now, when Nolan's in the recliner, Toby takes a running leap. He's still sneaky on the couch though. You can see how much Toby loves his Nolan. Such a different dog than the one we brought home six months ago!

My friend, Becca, asked me to make her a diaper bag for her son Israel. Here's the final product:
I'm excited to make a bag for Jace. I've had some really cute fabric for a boy's bag for a long time now and am excited to get to use it for myself! Here's the inside of Becca's bag (it's kind of hard to see, but there are a bunch of pockets):

Toby's been looking like a shaggy Muppet for a little while now, so yesterday he was taken in for some grooming! Of course, he was very nervous, but the girls at the groomers thought he was so sweet. Here he is with his long ears, tail and legs pre-grooming:
And here he is post grooming. Nolan thinks his ears make him look like a 6 year old girl with a bob hair cut
And finally, a belly picture! Here I am at 21 weeks along

We're less than 2 weeks away from finding out if Jace has cleft lip/cleft palate. Nolan and I both have a real peace about knowing that God is in control. I've done so much research online and have become so familiar with cleft palate/cleft lip. In my mind, he has it. But that's not to say I won't celebrate BIG TIME if he doesn't. Last week I was home sick one day and found a blog of a family who's 2 year old daughter has cleft lip and cleft palate. You can find their blog here. I spent the whole day reading all 2 years worth of posts. It began with watching a video of Adalynn's "first face." I cried tears of joy through the whole thing because of how beautiful she is. I loved being able to follow their journey through surgeries and what it takes to care for a child with CP.
Thank you so much for all the encouraging notes we've received! Please continue to pray for Jace--especially that this ultrasound we have coming up would reveal enough for our doctor to be conclusive about him either having it or not having it.

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

How cute Toby looks with his new "do"! :) Fun! So handsome! And look at the cute belly! You've grown since the other weekend when I saw you! Love it! :) We are praying for Jace! What a precious blessing he already is!

Empty Nesters said...

Oh, cute baby bump! I love Toby's hair cut...looks like a boy! I think he likes it too:) Look at his proud smile.