Monday, March 23, 2009

On a Lighter Note

There is new life springing up in our home! Nolan's mom started several rosebushes for me last spring, and we enjoyed planting them all summer. When it as time for me to prune my bushes back this year, there were a few that Becky asked me to make some clippings of. I put the clippings in a jar of water hoping to see at least one survive. I can't believe the growth we're seeing!

The first three are the "St. Patrick's Day" rose and the last one is "Dream Come True."










2 comments:

Empty Nesters said...

Wow! You have the magic rose touch! I'm jealous! I do have three flats of seedlings started in my kitchen! Marigolds, impatiens, and sweet peas...which are about 9 inches tall and want to be planted. It's still too cold!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!! It looks like we will have plenty to share. Was't there a lady at your church that wanted a start of the Dream Come True?
We'll get them potted & growing in the greenhouse until they are developed enough to plant & see how many we end up with. I probably have about 20 now that I need to find homes for, once I know what they are. I plan to be more organized (label them) with the next batch I start. It's so fun to share the hobby with you!
Love, Becky